Download Selenium WebDriver
As we are following the complete Selenium Webdriver End to End tutorial, and we have done the following set up in the previous tutorials:
- Download, Install and Set Up Java on Windows & Mac
- Download, Instal and Set Up Eclipse on Windows & Mac
Now its the time to Download Selenium Webdriver. Since we are following this tutorial in Java, we will be downloading Selenium Webdriver library in Java.
How to Download Selenium Webdriver for Java?
Selenium WebDriver supports many languages and each language has its own client driver. Here we are configuring Selenium 4 with java so we need ‘webdriver Java client driver‘.
1) Click here to go on WebDriver Java client driver download page for WebDriver download file. On that page click on the ‘Download‘ link of java client driver as shown in the below image.
Note: Above screenshot is old and On June’19, the latest version of Selenium is 3.141.59.
Note: But there is also an announcement of Selenium 4 Alpha version which can be downloaded only from Maven Repository To download from Maven, please follow our tutorial on How to Create Maven Project in Eclipse. In step 8 you need to add Selenium Dependencies copied from Maven to Project POM.
2) Save the .zip file to your disk.
3) Once you have downloaded the archive you will need to Extract the zip file, which will create the unzipped Selenium Java folder.
4) You may want to Extract the archive to the folder where you are maintaining the test ware for your project. I like to extract it at the same location and then move it as per my needs.
5) Once the extraction process is complete, Open the Selenium folder.
6) There will be ‘libs‘ folder, 2 jar files and change log in unzipped folder as shown in below figure. We will use all these files for configuring WebDriver in Eclipse.
This is the same way you can download Selenium Webdriver in any language.