Telerik Test Studio is an automated functional testing solution for automation regression, functional, load and API testing.
Unlike several other testing solutions that impose their own proprietary language, Telerik Test Studio uses C# or VB.Net language. The use of a real coding language means it’s easier to find support online. Test scripts can also be shared via source control with other teammates.
Getting Started with Test Studio
Just like UFT, Telerik is also an icon-based tool that automates functional or regression testing of any web or desktop application. Even a tester with low or no coding knowledge can also use Telerik. It can be used for both record and playback and descriptive scripting. Testers can either write scripts or can simply use the extensive record and playback feature offered by Telerik.
Advantages of Telerik Test Studio
- It uses the active screen for recording which means, the tester can refer to the screen while recording the scripts
- Telerik utilizes DOM structure of the webpage for identifying object properties
- Telerik Test Studio is also able to interact with any file-based source control system and integrates directly with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Git.
- Test Script maintenance is quite easy and any changes in the scripts can be easily incorporated
- Extensive reporting
- Remote execution and test scheduling
Disadvantages of Telerik Test Studio
- It comes with a licensing cost
- Online support is available with license renewal
- Using relative object properties can be challenging
- Need to setup add-in for source control