In the previous chapter of Edit Menu Option, we had a look over different Options to Cut Copy Paste and Insert Command. In this chapter we will learn to use the Action Menu of Selenium IDE, which helps us to learn Options to Record Play Run And Debug Selenium IDE Test.
Options to Record Play Run And Debug Selenium IDE Test
The Action Menu can be quickly accessed by holding down Alt + A, or simply click on Action menu.
The Action Menu has following menu items:
- Record: This will start to Record the actions user perform on the webpage via FireFox Web Browser. When recording this, menu item displays a tick against it.
- Play Entire test suite: This option will play-back/re-run every Test Case in the Test Case Pane, starting at the top and running to the bottom of the list.
- Play current test case: This option will play-back only the current selected Test Case.
- Play test Suites periodically: The Selenium IDE Scheduler allows you to specify test suites to be run at specific times and it will run those tests at the specified times. All within the Selenium IDE and all without requiring any further interaction with you. It is as simple as set, turn on and forget.
- Toggle Breakpoint: User can set one or multiple breakpoint(s) to forcefully break the execution at any particular test step during execution.
- Set / Clear Start Point: This allows to set start point at any particular test step for execution. This enables user to execute the test case from the given start point for the subsequent runs.
- Pause / Resume:This option will pause the current running test and once paused, it will display the option to resume the same test.
- Step:This option allows to step through the playing-back of the test case. This is useful for debugging purpose and works with breakpoints.
- Execute this command: This allows user to execute a single test step within the entire test script without executing the entire test script. This can be used at times when we want to debug/see the behavior of a particular test step.
- Fastest/Faster/Slower/Slowest: To deal with the page/element loads, the user can set the execution speed from fastest to lowest with respect to the responsiveness of the application under test.
Conclusion: A Test Case and a Test Suite can be executed from Action menu. Breakpoints and Start Points can be applied to break and start the execution at a particlular test step. Execution speed also can be set.