In the previous chapter of File Menu Option, we had a look over different Options to Create Save Export Selenium IDE Test Case And Test Suite. In this chapter we will learn to use the Edit Menu of Selenium IDE, which actually helps us to learn Options to Cut Copy Paste And Insert Command in Selenium IDE Test.
The Edit Menu can be quickly accessed by holding down Alt + E, or simply click on Edit menu.
The Edit Menu has following menu items:
- Undo: This undoes the last action performed. It can be used to undo the series of actions.
- Redo: This re-does the last undo action. Again this can be done to redo the series of actions.
- Cut: This cuts the current selected command or test step to paste it to other location in the test and removing it from the current location.
- Copy: This copies the current selected command or test step to paste it to other location in the test without removing it from the current location.
- Paste: This is to paste the copied command/step to the selected location in the test.
- Delete: This allows to delete the selected command.
- Select All: This will select all the command available in the Test Step Pane.
- Insert New Command: This will allow to insert the new blank row in the test at the selected location in the test, to allow writing a new command.
- Insert New Comment: This will allow to insert the new blank row in the test at the selected location in the test, to allow writing a new comment.
Steps to Insert Command in Selenium IDE Test
A new command can be inserted by going Edit >> Insert New Command.
1) First Select the command above which you like to insert the new command.
2) Click on the Edit menu.
3) Select Insert New Command.
Notice a blank line is inserted just above the selected command. Now the user can insert the actual command action, target and value.
Note: Insert New Comment is also similar like Insert New Command
Conclusion: Edit menu provides options like Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete and Select All which are routinely present in any other edit menu. Amongst them, noteworthy are Insert New Command and Insert New Comment which allows user to insert the new command/comment anywhere within the current test case.