There are couple of Clipboard Formats available in selenium IDE. In this chapter we will learn about different Selenium IDE Clipboard Formats.
Selenium IDE Clipboard Format
The Clipboard Format allows to copy a Selenium IDE command from the editor and paste it as a code snippet. The format of the code follows the option selected in the Clipboard Format’s list. HTML is always the default selection.
What is meant by C#/ NUnit / WebDriver?
This is the combination of below three.
- C# is the Programming Language
- NUnit is the Testing Framework
- WebDriver is one of the Selenium Component
Likewise Java/ JUnit 4/ WebDriver means Java as Programming Language, JUnit 4 as Testing Framework and WebDriver as Selenium Framework.
You can notice there are number of Languages Options available like C#, Java, Python & Ruby. With C# we have NUnit Framework. Java we have JUnit & TestNg Framework. With Python it is UnitTest and with Ruby it is RSpec & TestUnit.
How to Copy a Selenium IDE Command into desired language?
Let’s try an example to copy a Selenium IDE Command into Java Language.
1) Go to Options >> Clipboard Format >> Java / JUnit / WebDriver
2) Select any Command from Test Step Pane.
3) Right click on the selected command and choose to Copy.
4) Now paste it to any opened Notepad, WordPad or Excel.
Noticed, the code is copied into Java Language.