The progression of mobile technology is astounding. Mobile applications have become a “Ground Breaking” force for all the industries across the world. With their presence in almost every field, Mobile applications have boosted the business, revenue, consumer base exponentially.
In the beginning, the telephone devices weren’t very mobile; they always used to get plugged into a telephone socket just like any other electrical device, as there was no such thing as batteries. The technology is improving a lot in the last few years or especially in the last 10 years. Telephones have turned in to mobile devices and mobile devices have gotten smaller and smaller, powerful and effective. Mobile devices are playing an important role in our lives now. The availability of mobile devices is rapidly spreading throughout the world and making significant improvements in our lives.
I simply take two examples, one is shopping and the other is sending mails. First, we used to visit the stores physically to shop goods and used to send a hard copy of letters for sending messages. Later on, with the change of technology, things became easy for us. One can buy goods online on their computers and also send the soft copy of the letters/messages using computers. And now with the recent changes in the technology, we do not need to be present in front of our computers. One can do all these activities on their mobile devices such as Mobile phones, tabs & notebooks.
By this mobile evolvement, our lives are getting better than ever. Now it is easy to be in touch with those we need to reach, whether work-related or personal in nature. Just not related to communications, we can send urgent files at any part of the world with no time. It has grown many other business opportunities.
Scope of Mobile Technology
Mobile Technology is transforming the way people use their mobile devices. As we know that the demand is highest for consumer apps, enterprise applications are evolving too, which allowing businesses to work more productively. It is not just limited to Publishers, Retailers, Automobile Dealers, Financial Service Providers, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Providers; the mobile application usage trend has now extended to schools and Universities providing faster interaction between staff and students.
Recent studies show that smartphones and tablets are quickly changing the way people communicate and making their purchasing decisions. Because of new mobile technologies, businesses need to make sure their business is prepared for the future of mobile technology. So it became essential in every business to creating a mobile website with which businesses can reach more and more different category & segment of people.
As mobile devices continue to develop and advance their capabilities, businesses will want to create mobile-optimized websites. Especially if you want to reach more customers and drive traffic to your website, mobile websites can increase the reach and improve the accessibility of your business.
Need of Mobile Websites and Apps
- Customer experience: It is easy to get customers through Mobile websites. According to recent surveys, 60% of consumers say it’s easier to find information on mobile-optimized websites. Responsive/Mobile websites are designed to be open on small screens such as smartphones and tablets, which make it easier for customers to browse website without having to wait for the webpage to load or drag web pages around to make them fit smaller screens.
- Faster Website: Mobile websites opens up faster than the normal website on any mobile device. Customers are tending to find the information quicker in their smartphone or tablet. Business that has their mobile websites has better sales. This is especially important if you want customers to make purchases from your website.
- Better Branding: People tend to like the brand more if the business offer a satisfying mobile experience and customers are more likely to return to the websites later on a desktop. 90% of people report moving between devices, or “multi-screening”, to accomplish a task. When the mobile experience is optimized for functionality and consistency it built trust and affinity with users.
- Reduce Your Bounce Rate: Generally customers does not complaint if the website is not mobile friendly, they just bounce back from the website and look for another website. Content which appears fine on a desktop might be unreadable on a mobile device. If the website is not optimized perfectly, the bounce rate is going to be extremely high.
- Social Media Promotions: Promotions are quite common now days on FB and any other social media. Generally people are forced to use their mobile devices for social media during their commute. If one has the Mobile website ready can easily take the advantageous of social media by sharing the content across any platform and customers can easily find the website through social media. This way, if promotions are done on blog or website on Twitter and Facebook, people who access social media from their phones can easily view the content.
- Check-In Services: Another great feature of creating a mobile website is that you can take advantage of every feature mobile devices have to offer. By incorporating location services into your mobile website design, you’ll be able to stay in touch with your customers in real-time and encourage them to check into your business.
- Mobile Users are Different: Users using mobile devices for shopping have different perspective and objectives than desktop users. They specially look for the information in quick, easily digestible bites. Statistics say that people purchase more products or spend more money on mobile devices than desktop users.
- Mobile Gets traffic: Websites designed for mobile devices always have preference on mobile search ranking. Since the content is very well optimized for mobile devices, business expects more visitors on the website. This way, business is more accessible to consumers who are performing searches on the go.
As Google made clear with last year’s Hummingbird update the future of search is mobile and websites that aren’t usable on handheld devices will see their search rank suffer for it.