How to Set Up Appium Project in Eclipse IDE
Following steps needs to be done to Set Up Appium Project in Eclipse and before running first Appium Mobile Automation script:
- Download GSon jar files
- Download Selenium WebDriver Java Client
- Add Gson jars to Project
- Add Selenium Jars to project
- Add Java Client to project
Step 1: Download GSon Jar file
1) Visit the GSon Download Website to download the GSon latest version.
2) It may give you a warning message that GSon file has been deprecated, but no worries just go ahead with this and Save it on your machine.
3) Click on OK to Save the zip file to your disk.
4) Once you have downloaded the ZIp archive you will need to Extract the zip file to add these Jars to the Eclipse Appium project.
Step 2: Download Selenium WebDriver Java client
Selenium WebDriver supports many languages and each language has its own client driver. Here we are configuring selenium 2 with java so we need ‘webdriver Java client driver’.
1) Click here to go on WebDriver Java client driver download page for WebDriver download file. On that page click on the ‘Download‘ link of java client driver as shown in the below image.
Note: As of 7th June’15, the latest version is 2.45
2) Save the zip file to your disk.
3) Once you have downloaded the archive you will need to Extract the zip file, which will create the unzipped Selenium Java folder.
4) Once the extraction process is complete, Open the Selenium folder.
5) There will be ‘libs’ folder, 2 jar files and change log in unzipped folder as shown in the below figure. We will use all these files for configuring WebDriver in Eclipse.
Step 3: Add External Jars to Java build path
Now you need to add Selenium WebDriver’s & GSon jar files in to Java build path.
a) Right-click on Project ‘AppiumTestProject‘ > Select Properties > Java build path. Then navigate to Libraries tab and click Add External JARs.
b) Add GSon jars, you may add the source file too.
c) Now again click on Add External JARs and Add Java Client jar.
d) Click on Add External JARs again to Add all the jars available in the libs folder of Selenium-2.45.0 as well.
e) Add Selenium Java jar, you may add the source file too.
f) Click OK.