How to Install the Java Software Development Kit (JDK)
First of all you need to install JDK (Java development kit) in your system. The Java Software Development Kit (Java SDK or JDK) is an application created by Sun Microsystems to create and modify Java programs. So your next question will be “How to download Java or JDK”. Click here to download Java and install Java Development Kit (JDK) in your system as per given installation guide over there or follow the below mentioned steps.
1) Visit the Java downloads page on Oracle’s website to find the JDK environment download. Scroll down until you find Java SE Latest Version and download JDK.
Note: On 4th June’15, latest version of Java is (JDK) 8u45. This JDK version comes bundled with Java Runtime Environment (JRE) so you do not need to download and install the JRE separately.
2) Select the radio button to “Accept License Agreement” and choose the JDK that corresponds to your OS (Operation System -Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.)
3) The File Download dialog box appears prompting you to Save the download file.
4) Once the downloading is complete, double click the file to begin the installation of JDK.
5) To run the installer, click Run.
6) The installation process starts. Click the Next button to continue the installation.
7) On the next screen you will encounter some options. Just leave these alone and click Next unless you know what you are doing.
8) After the initial installation is done, a pop up asking you where your source java files will be. You can choose to change where you want to keep your folder but it’s best to stick with what you were given first. Click Next to continue.
Note: Make a note of this location, as this location of JDK installation will be required to Set up Java Environment Variable in the next chapter.
9) Let the installation finish.
10) A few brief dialogs confirm the last steps of the installation process; click Close on the last dialog. This will complete Java installation process.