Katalon Plugin for Bamboo is a powerful plugin to enhance quality and testing operations. By integrating Katalon Studio with Bamboo, you can easily download, deploy, and execute Katalon Studio tests on the Bamboo CI server.
In this article, we will be covering the below topics:-
- Key Highlights
- Katalon Plugin Installation
Bamboo benefits include:
- Deep developer tools integrations
- Built-in deployment support
- Powerful build agent management
- Automated merging
- Built-in Git branching and workflows
- Enterprise support and resources
With the support of Katalon Plugin for Bamboo, you don’t require to write command-line interfaces. Instead, you will be able to skip the step of writing in the command line. In other words, it means that you will not need any technical skills or programming knowledge to solve the problem. All you need to do is to input the information, and it will do the rest. Also, this plugin enables you to seamlessly view and monitor the status of your Bamboo builds and deployments without leaving your Katalon projects.
1. Command arguments
You can enter the arguments directly in the text area or copy and paste the generated command from Katalon Studio.
Moreover, please remove any irrelevant arguments such as -runmode. Additionally, you can see Command Arguments in Common Configuration (https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/common-configuration.html#command-arguments) for more details.
For the list of supported Katalon command syntax and how to generate commands, please read more here.
2. Headless test execution
Configure to run Katalon Studio on a headless machine with Xvfb. Additionally, you can learn more about it here. In case you’re unsure, only change the resolution 1024x768x24 and leave other options as-is.
3. Import Katalon Studio artifacts
Configure to copy reports of all executed test suites from Katalon and view them in Bamboo.
After a build, execution log files that Katalon Studio creates, store under the Artifacts tab.
Katalon Plugin Installation
Conclusively, it’s relatively easy to install and configure Katalon Plugin for Bamboo. To begin with, you need to access to Atlassian Marketplace to install the plugin.
- Firstly, log into your Bamboo instance as an admin.
- Secondly, click Administration and then select Manage Apps.
- Thirdly, click Find new apps from the left-hand side of the page.
- After that, locate Katalon Studio for Bamboo via search.
- Fifthly, click Try it free to begin a new trial. Additionally, you can also click Buy now to purchase a license for Execute Katalon Studio Tests.
- Sixthly, enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Finally, click on the Apply license.