“Change is the law of life”
– John F Kennedy
As everything is susceptible to changes, thereby the technology is also. So, when trends will change how can you lag behind. Being a service provider, if you fail to match pace with this rapidly advancing technology you will suffer huge losses and this is stated by the law of probability. Now, as every human being needs a brain to function, likewise companies need IT infrastructure to proper functioning. Therefore, an agile model becomes an indispensable need to attain agility in business.
There are a lot of executives, that use the software in order to track the progress of Agile projects and also teams which are working on Agile methods located at different demographic region across the globe. The thorough testing and analysis process has proven that Agile methodology works for large scale companies as well.
Here we have discussed how Agile methodology helps you build futuristic projects and thus is deemed as the progressive development methodology.
Manages the Risk easily
As Agile goes for small releases after every sprint which makes the clients and developers to easily get an idea about whether they are going on the right track or not. This helps to easily identify the issues, as the sample space is small and helps to easily tackle them. The development model of agile makes all the areas of improvement quite visible to the developers as well as clients. Wherefore, they can take the requisite steps in the very next sprint.
Engages the Stakeholders
Agile methodology opens up new avenues for stakeholders as well as to engage their team members. The involvement of clients in each Sprint will help you check whether the development is in the right direction or not and it also helps you to develop a rapport between them. This will help the team to understand them clearly and deliver high quality and desired products. This further helps the development team to attain the targets well in time which in turn helps in earning the trust of the clients.
Ensures the development of the right product
Agile development lets us towards the right development path and hence the resultant is the right product. It’s supple nature helps you to adopt the requirements in order to hold change and this is what helps the developers to build something which is required. Wherein, the regular development model lets you stick to a well-defined path that keeps you under the constraints of not molding in accordance with the advancement in the technology. It might happen that by the time you are ready to launch your new project there is something better already introduced in the market.
Conducive Work environment
Agile development needs the employees to be active and cooperative, which makes the working environment more delightful to work. It is quite different from other software development models as the requirements are discussed in the workshops itself. Rather than drafting a status report, the developers have to discuss the progress of the tasks. Lengthy project plans and change management are replaced by decisions according to what’s good for a project. This is the reason which makes this approach a much desirable one. This helps to create a quite conducive work environment that fosters team ship and helps to deliver high performing projects.
You need to choose this Model if:
- Agile development methodology gives you full freedom to implement changes that are time as well cost-effective. These changes are incremental and take your development forward and make it more robust.
- Agile development does not consume a lot of time in planning to commence with the project just like other traditional software development models. Agile works on the precept that the user’s needs are volatile and keeps on changing every time. In this competitive world, you need to stick to their needs, thus you must be well equipped to adapt the changes as per their feedback. Thus, if you are in an industry which has a lot of competition then you must go for agile development.
- If the stakeholders think that they need time and not end up making something that is not subjected to changes in order to match pace with the ever-changing technology. Having interstices and flexibility helps them to take crucial decisions in order to reach the most optimal approach or programs available for the benefit of the program. This helps to avoid the phase of stagnation where you cannot move forward and get stuck in a rut because the development firm has delivered as per the discussed guidelines and you cannot do anything about it.
- It is designed to save a lot of time as you just need to spend only a few hours or a few days to implement any changes or incorporate the new features.
Disadvantages of the Agile model:
- You need to have programmers with hands-on experience in the field of development, as they are the ones who can take strong decisions during the development process. Therefore, there is no scope of freshers.
- You never know that you are on the wrong track and you are susceptible to one if the representative of the customers himself do have a clear head of what they want.
- There is no concrete designing and documentation as they are prone to change at any point of time.
- You cannot estimate the amount of resources you require in order to deliver the product. This makes this methodology quite capricious and gives you no clue at the beginning of the development cycle.